Fae Farm Patch Notes - 1.3.3
Attention Fae Friends!
An important update has arrived! We want to make sure your experience in Azoria is as smooth as possible, so we’re sending out an update for all Fae Friends on September 21, 2023 at 1PM PT / 8PM UTC. Please read more for full details on what you can expect from our newest patch.
- Fixed an issue where having "<" in your username could cause dialogue to loop during quest dialog, on Switch. (This update previously deployed to the PC version in update 1.3.2)
- Improved an issue where character face detail could appear lower quality than intended on Switch.
- Fixed an issue causing the Cozy Cabin Variety Pack (pre-purchase bonus) to not be correctly granted in the Epic Games Store version.
- Fixed an issue where some crafting stations would open directly to the queue when using a controller on PC, or playing on Steam Deck.
- Allowed Q, W, A, S, and D keys to be used in custom keybindings to better support players using non-QWERTY keyboards.
- Created a new input binding for a few special inputs such as Reclaim and the Coziness overlay, to allow them being remapped on PC. (By default it is bound to “G”)
- Improved behavior of Almanac unlock popups so that buttons behind them can still be clicked on PC.
- Fixed an issue where long quest entries could not be scrolled using the mouse wheel on PC.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on the right side of the Almanac screen did not consistently take you back a screen, when using a mouse on PC.
- Improved the profanity filter on PC to allow some more common names, such as Sam or Brad.
GAMEPLAY AND PROGRESSION:
- Fixed an issue where players could not reliably accept shipping contracts. Please note that it is intended that you can only complete one contract from each choice of three, and will need to wait for them to refresh (every two weeks) to accept a new one.
- Fixed an issue where players could permanently lose their ability to double jump if they manually unequipped their wings before using Character Customization via a Mirror, or before a wedding. Please note that it is intended behavior that double jump is only available while you have a set of wings actively equipped (and it should now correctly function that way).
- Fixed an issue where casting your fishing rod or using watering can special abilities could be blocked while wearing the Cozy, Logger, and Autumn hats.
- Fixed an issue where the name you set for your farm during Chapter 1 was not saved correctly.
- Fixed a state where you could be left without an active quest if you completed Chapter 2, then left to a multiplayer session before completing the day.
- Updated the requirements for the side quest “Versatile Vortex” to only require clearing 10 clouds of mist, to avoid player confusion.
- Fixed an unusable version of the Berry Cordial being rewarded from Potion Making job quest 2.
- Fixed an issue where Animal Care job quest 1 could not be completed if a chickoo had been bred before activating it.
- Fixed an issue where friendship or relationship quests could take more items from your inventory than they were requiring.
- Fixed an issue where the celebration animation did not play when unlocking the second and third farms.
WORLD AND ITEMS:
- Fixed an issue that was blocking some nuts, greens, and mushrooms from regrowing after season changes.
- Updated the names of a number of forage items to include "Wild" to make clearer that they are not grown.
- Updated the name of the spring greens from "Arugula" to "Wild Spring Greens", based on player feedback.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Hives to generate an unusable item "Medium Honeycomb" when placed near flowers.
- Updated the name of "Small Honeycomb" to just "Honeycomb".
MULTIPLAYER AND ONLINE:
- Improved the behavior on joining a multiplayer session as a client, so you will now automatically receive the correct staff and wings directly, based on the world’s progression, without having to manually claim them from the mailbox.
- Fixed a crash that could occur for a client of a multiplayer session when the host put their device to sleep.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resuming the game after your device had been in sleep mode for a few hours, having previously been in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue that could block access to online features when resuming the game after your device had been in sleep mode for a few hours.
- Fixed an issue where progress was inconsistently saved when a client left a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the side quest "Wave of Emotion" could not be completed by clients in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where Magic job quest 5 could not be completed by clients in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the wayshrine in dungeons could disappear after using it to teleport to a new floor, when playing as a client in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where switches or other progression items in dungeons could be already uncovered when arriving on a new floor.
- Fixed an issue where eating or drinking audio was played to all players in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where the voice option chosen by clients in a multiplayer session was not correctly played to the host.
- Fixed an issue where quest accept/redeem banners could stop displaying after playing through levels of a dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where the new season banner could get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the new season banner would not appear if an animal was born on the same day.
- Fixed an issue friendship and relationship quests were incorrectly showing the completion dialog when accepting them.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading a tool would result in duplicate Almanac unlock popups.
- Fixed an issue where the alphabetical sort order in the Storage screen was reversed.
- Fixed duplicate UI elements that could appear when using the Randomize option was used while viewing the Voice tab of the Character Customization screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an unintended screen to appear when leaving Character Customization at the Mirror.
- Fixed an issue that stopped the animal interaction options from appearing after using one of them, until you moved away from and returned to an animal.
- Made the expiry timer on limited-time quests more visible in the Quest Log.
- Removed two unintended invalid entries that could appear in the More Info view in the Almanac.
- Fixed a missing section, and other miscellaneous fixes, in the Credits.
- Fixed a number of typos in English.
- Fixed a number of minor reported localization issues across languages.
Our Amazing Community
Thank you all to the amazing people who submitted bug reports and were able to help us pinpoint these issues! If you spot any issues, please update us via our Discord or through our main support page.
We can’t wait to see you all in-game!
The Fae Farm Team